Thursday, January 23, 2014

Another Birthday....

The news is good......I survived another birthday! As another cold streak arrived, it was perfect weather to stay inside and toasty, which was fortunate as I was suffering a cold, which peaked on the 21st.  Today (Thursday) is the first day I've felt reasonable all week.  In spite of all that, it was a good birthday, made so by hearing from friends and family, near and far.  

Around 2PM (ice cream time!) on my birthday, I took some  mini-cupcakes over to Belfair/Bloom to celebrate with them, not knowing that it was also one of the resident's birthday.  So, Angel and I shared the moment and enjoyed being serenaded.  Every time Mama realized or heard that it was January, she would ask if I didn't have a birthday soon.  Once she asked how old I would be, and when I told her, she said, "Donna, you're not!!!"  I'm sure its my perky, energetic demeanor that has fooled her! (LOL!!!)  Anyway, I got a laugh out of that.....and I responded, "Mama, I AM!"  All in all, it was a very nice birthday.  My last bit of celebrating will be next week when Janeen is taking me out to lunch.  She proposed doing it on the day, but I felt rotten and asked if we could do it when I was rid of the cold.  So, that will be something to anticipate.

Thanks to one and all for thinking of me, being in contact, 
and making it such a nice birthday.




Okay! I promise to stop doing these videos....soon.  But, they are so much fun to do, and in this one I've learned so much....finding and timing the music, combining photos and using transitions, taking screen shots on my iPad, and so on....  I'm sure I'll tire of it soon and stop boring you with my time wasters!


But, speaking of birthdays and aging, I will leave you with something on women over 40.  Since I am WELL over 40, I will say that with each passing decade you can expect to move up on the "I-don't-give-a-s#*t" scale, which makes ladies of my age dangerous!  In any case, enjoy!

Andy Rooney says:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

Note: Actually, Andy didn't have anything to say on women over 40. Well, he might have, but it certainly wasn't the comments above. Those were made by a man named Frank Kaiser back in 2000 in an essay he wrote for Suddenly.Senior.com. For some reason, the essay was attributed to Rooney and went viral. This particular version was recently posted by Victoria Maltby.  I had not seen it in quite a while and thought it a great message for any woman over 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment