Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words......

And words require too much thought!  The trips to Charleston and NC, though enjoyable, totally wiped us out.  We actually came back a day early at my mother's request because her kitty is not doing at all well.  That meant that everything was non-stop and there was little time to get anything done at her house (though I'm not sure what we would do or where we would start!).  Since being back, I can make it through half of the day, but I die the second half, walking around feeling and acting like a zombie.  Mama began physical therapy on her shoulder today, with a schedule of twice weekly; so there's no rest for the wicked/weary!







We went up to NC for Bill (my cousin) and Betty's 50th wedding anniversary.  They have been so good to keep tabs on us and offer help that we did want to celebrate that monumental accomplishment with them. It was a nice event and it was good to catch up with relatives and old friends.

Bill's sisters, the two closest to me in the photo, grew up with me......Bill was that bit older than he didn't hang around with us.  Diana, in green, was also in our group and I hadn't seen her since college. The older gentlemen beside her is their uncle (on their mother's side), who is 97 years old!!  I couldn't believe how well he looked and got around.







We came back with lots of beautiful tomatoes compliments of Laney and Julious.  So Monday we canned six pints, and they turned out nicely.  They will be the base of vegetable soup this winter.





We stopped at McLoud Farms in McBee, SC and bought peaches for a crumble.  They are sooooo good!  It tastes much better than it looks.










This is me in my nest, as I would be when I do this blog.  The reason for the picture is that all kitties are present.  Usually Mama Mia (black and while) is in "the hole", which is my room - usually the deep, dark closet of my room!  She's suddenly decided she will come out and socialize, much to the chagrin of Gabby and Chloe.








The only thing of interest I've done is participated in a 21 Day Meditation Challenge by Deepak Chopra.  It's something I've wanted to try but never really taken the time.  Well, this is all online and so easy.  Each day I get a guided meditation by email.  Each has a theme and a speaker guides you into the topic, leaving about 8-10 minutes for meditation.  The meditation time is filled with music - not the hum along kind, but the kind you can really get lost in if your eyes are closed and thoughts calmed.  We're on day ten and so far I've really enjoyed it.  It will be interesting to see what happens when there is no guidance and no music!  Stay tuned.

And now for a little humorous political commentary.....







Thank goodness Trump hasn't been in the news lately, but I couldn't resist this...........




No comments:

Post a Comment