Thursday, January 20, 2011

A question posed many years ago by the Beatles....



Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64??

The remaining Beatles were probably as surprised as I to have that age arrive with such speed!  The good news is that it doesn't seem possible, as long as I don't look in the mirror!!  My health is excellent and I'm able to be active......as active as I've ever been in any part of my life.  My days are my own, no longer encumbered by a work schedule, and I'm able to take the time to appreciate so many things that make each day special.  The coming year holds the promise of a few  trips, special visitors and other activities - so there is still a lot to look forward to.  At this moment in time, I feel very fortunate.

The day itself has been very quiet.  We returned from NC earlier yesterday and my mother's dental work was easier than expected.....so all went well there.  North Carolina was colder, with gray skies, bare trees and even bits of snow lingering.  When we were 50 miles from here, the sun came out, the sky turned a brilliant Carolina blue, with only a few wispy, white clouds.  It was warm enough for me to take my walk, and today was even warmer (63). My mother suggested we go out for dinner for my birthday, but she is not yet accustomed to her new denture and has a slight bruise on her chin from one of the teeth that was pulled.  It was a nice offer, but I knew she really wasn't up to it, so we'll do it sometime later.  All of that is to let those of you who called or sent cards (shown above), emails or FB messages how much I appreciate them.......you made my birthday a special one.  Thank you so much for your good wishes.........from your lips to God's ears!





The Thursday before we left for NC, Dennis (cousin), Carol, and their friend Mel stopped by on their way to Florida to visit her parents.  It's always nice to see them and it affords us a chance to catch up.  We had a nice dinner and lots of good chatter....it was fun.

Upon our return, there was news of a neighbor's sudden death.  You may recall my mentioning a lady with a little fru-fru dog whom I met on my morning walks in the summer.  We always stopped for a chat whenever we met, attended a ladies' luncheon in December and had planned to do the same in February.  We had just spoken a few days earlier, when she died suddenly of a heart attack on Monday.  All of her family was with her at Christmas, and that's a blessing for them.  Her dear little Yorkie was even mentioned in her obituary and I know Miss Cleo, as I call her, will be lost without her attentive master.

No comments:

Post a Comment