Friday, September 24, 2010

The House is Quiet Again

Yes, it's quiet again around here.  That's not to say that there isn't a lot to do after a week of company and letting everything go.  But, today I didn't set my clock and lay in bed a bit longer.  This will also be one of the few days I don't do my morning walk (but that will resume tomorrow) - I'm just easing into the day with the intention of getting some things done around the house.

It was good to see Allan and we had a nice visit, which included lots of running around and shopping, an over abundance of good food and wine, and lots of time for catching up.  I coaxed him into going with me on my walk several times, but we never got to the beach.  We did speak with Paula and Neil via Skype, which was fun.  It was great to see them and they both looked and sounded great.  The week seemed to fly by and then it was that time for him to go back to Saudi, with at least one day of that dreaded black cloud gathering.  Oh, I remember that feeling all too well!  A short photo album is on the site.

In addition to doing things that Allan needed and wanted to do, there were things that I needed to get done.  My refinancing closed on Tuesday, which was very good....and reduces my monthly outlay considerably.  All in all, it went quickly and smoothly.  There was also a regularly scheduled dental cleaning, which unexpectedly turned into a major production!!  There is a follow up appointment on Tuesday, at which time I'll know the full scope of things, which isn't likely to be good.....so stay tuned.

Allan flew out at 4:30 yesterday so we had lunch in Savannah beforehand.  With time to spare, we found a huge, new Sam's Club, about twice the size of the one here.  It's actually only about 35 minutes from me so is easily accessible.....and carries items that are not available at our local store.  So, I think it will become an occasional excuse to get into Savannah.

That's a brief overview, but other things are likely to come to mind as time passes.  But, for now, it's time to do laundry, clean the fridge, do floors, etc.  That should keep me out of trouble for a while.

Let me hear from you.......

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos - I was wondering where his highness was up to! You both look really well. Speak to you soon with official wedding pics. Jean

    ReplyDelete