Friday, October 14, 2011

Just a Quick Update

Monday, October 10, 2011:  What a weekend!  My mother continued to suffer from the mucous problem and would not go to a critical care office to get medication that would solve the problem.  I did get an over-the-counter decongestant that helped a bit and this morning I've called in a request from her doctor.  Am hoping to have that in hand by the end of the day.

I'm happy to report that I feel better today than yesterday, which was terrible.  Even so, I knew I had to go to Sam's for a load of kitty litter, as well as running some other errands before the week begins.  With Eileen and Tom arriving on Saturday, this week will be devoted to cleaning, cooking and getting somewhat organized.  The weather is cooperating as this is our second day of mostly slow, steady rain.  Normally I would not look forward to that but right now it seems perfect for staying in and getting things done.  Now I just have to motivate myself to get busy!

Friday, October 14, 2011: It's been a busy week with preparing for Eileen and Tom's visit, as well as some previously scheduled personal appointments.  My mother's doctor did not want to prescribe anything before seeing her, which I can understand, although this is a recurring problem and I would have liked her to get some relief sooner rather than later.  The earliest he could see her was Wednesday, when he prescribed an antibiotic and prednisone.  She slept better Wednesday night and was up and about yesterday.  She also seems to have rested better last night so I'm hoping she will be feeling better by the time our guests arrive.

Writing the above reminds me of a lesson learned in this experience.  Early on in the weekend, I asked my mother about going to a critical care office to get something for her congestion.  She immediately nixed that idea, which prolonged the whole experience.  I need to trust my judgement more, especially when it involves  my mother and a doctor!  Because she is still compos-mentus I keep feeling that I should defer to her, or at least include her in the decision making......but I know how she is about this stuff.  So, I need to trust and act on my judgement in these matters.  Feel free to remind me of that often!!

After about four days of rain, the weather is cooperating.   It's been bright and sunny and should be in the low 80s for the next week.  The rain was much needed and it was actually perfect for being inside and doing the types of things I needed to do. It was also a steady, gentle rain that seemed very peaceful and calming.  Even so, I've missed my walking in so many ways but hope to get back to it soon......this weather makes it easy to do it anytime of the day.

Well, I've had my  morning coffee so it's now time to have breakfast and get busy.  I just wanted to touch bases as it may be a while before I get back to you.  I hope all is well where you are and that you're having as much fun as I hope to have with Eileen and Tom.  There is absolutely nothing better than getting together with long time friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment