Monday, December 16, 2019

Happy Holidays 2019

December 1: After posting the last entry, I sent the next two days decorating for Christmas. As I said, it seems like a lot for just me and Rosie, but I do love seeing the ornaments that I've collected over the years. I must have the most eclectic/tacky tree around - it has everything from Washington state salmon to Chinamen and every color of the rainbow!! In most cases, I can tell you where I got them and there may be a story attached! While decorating the tree, I thought I'd look for some music on my phone to add to the decorating, so I tried Spotify. So, I'm listening on my phone, which doesn't have much range..... when all of a sudden it begins playing on my TV!!  When I opened an account on Spotify, it asked me to choose 3 or more artists, which were artists like Queen, EJ, Van Morrison, and a little bit of Bruno Mars, Celine Dion, etc. Then it came up with a Day 1 Playlist. So I decorated the tree while listening to some of my favorite oldie goldies (from Saudi days) - they threw in some artists I didn't know, which was great. If I liked them, I listened. If I didn't, I deleted it.  It was a full day of great music and they also showed a playlist for the next few days. I'm liking this more and more.....

I'm not going to bore you with Christmas decorations as I have re-cycled the same ole thing for years. If you want to see the basics, you may go HERE and check out the video in the middle of the entry......same thing only different by a smidgen! Going to that page only reminds me of how long we have been resisting. No wonder I'm tired!!

Our glorious weather has continued, though we have rain this afternoon. Even so, it was 66 when I got up and I was definitely overdressed when I walked Rosie - or she walked me if the truth is told.

December 15: Where has the time gone? After my last post about Spotify, I got inspired. I started looking at speakers like Alexa and found that Home Depot had a doorbuster of Google Home Minis for $19 each. So, I headed down and picked up two, one for the bedroom and one for the den. Now I can say, "Hey, Google, play Freddie Mercury" and it does. I can have music playing while I fall asleep (rather than MSNBC - a great step forward in self-care and sanity). I can ask Google questions or to remind me of things. I then got online and ordered 2 wifi-outlet plugs, one for each Christmas tree. Now I can tell it when to turn on the trees or, better yet, I have scheduled it to turn on and off at specified times. I'm loving this stuff!! After Christmas, I will use the plugs to turn lamps on and off in the evening.

Life has also been busy otherwise. We had a fun Liberal Ladies holiday party. This time it was without a speaker but we had a trivia game about liberal ladies. It was lots of fun and out table (Rachel Maddow) came in second. We were beaten by one point by Nancy Pelosi's table!!


The usual suspects:
Carol, Chris, Me, Tippy, Diane, and Diane's friend.
This photo is from the Democrat Club Christmas Brunch. It was a wonderful spread and we were lucky enough to sit at the table with our local club leader and the speaker for the event, Trav Robertson, who is head of the state Democrat party. The table conversation was fun and Trav was a great speaker.

In the meantime, my computer died, which panicked me as I do the Liberal Ladies newsletter and the Lowcountry Coalition Against Hate's Facebook page!!!! I immediately got online in search of a Geek but could not see one for two days! So, yesterday I went to Best Buy to see a Geek with all fingers crossed. I was helped by a delightful young lady who informed me that if the laptop would not come on, which mine no longer would, there probably wasn't much they could do.😰 Then, she proceeded to use her electrical/charger on my laptop, and - voila - my computer comes to life! My charger had died. So, I feel like I was spared a big expense and it's always a treat to have a positive encounter. Even so, BB didn't have the connection I needed and to order one would not solve the issue until Dec. 24! The young girl told me to check Staples and Target in case they might have one on hand. So, I was able to find one sooner and am able to complete this before Christmas.

After the brunch, while I had on my holiday, red sweater, I thought I'd take a photo of Rosie and me for an ecard to friends. Silly me!!  It was a comedy of errors and I was never able to get Rosie to put her ears up. We looked so silly that I decided to make a gif of it. It is looking doubtful that I will get cards out (protesting Tuesday and having friends over on Thursday), but I hope this will bring cheer (laughter) to your holidays. Please know that I am thinking of you, dear friends, and wishing you all the best at Christmas/Hannukah and the New Year.
Love and
Merry Christmas
And
Happy Holidays

To All


No comments:

Post a Comment